GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) is an investment scheme mostly preferred
for international students who wish to study in Canada for study programs. GIC
usually acts as a savings account which offers fixed returns to all eligible candidates
over a period of time. It comes under the Student Direct Stream (SDS).

A TRP is a document that authorizes a person who is inadmissible or does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or Regulations either as a temporary resident or as a permanent resident to enter or remain in Canada.

A work or study permit, or a Temporary Resident Visa is not a Temporary Resident Permit. These documents are clearly marked as visas or work and study permits. You are not a temporary resident permit holder unless you are inadmissible and you have been issued a document specifically identified as a Temporary Resident Permit. TRPs are only issued in exceptional circumstance and at the discretion of the processing officer. A TRP may be cancelled at any time.

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one.

The Canada Express Entry Program is a points based immigration program for professionals looking to settle in Canada. It awards points to professionals based on skills, experience, Canadian employment status and provincial/territorial nomination.

Express Entry is an online system that is used to manage applications for permanent residence for 3 programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and Canadian Experience Class.

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is for people who are selected to immigrate to Canada because of their work experience and skills. Important Note: As of January, 1, 2015 candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Program will be selected to apply through the Express Entry System.

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is a way to immigrate to Canada. Through the SINP, the Province of Saskatchewan: Invites residency applications from non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home. SINP is one of the most popular provincial nominee programs in Canada. It provides a pathway to Overseas skilled professionals to receive Provincial Nomination. This, in turn, leads them to Canadian Permanent Residency. SINP has some key streams that help Immigrants receive the Provincial Nomination for Canada PR.

You must have at least one year of full-time (minimum 30 hours per week) paid work experience in the last 10 years in your intended occupation. Your work experience must be in a high skilled occupation (NOC “O”, “A” or “B”) that is in-demand in Saskatchewan at the time of your application.

The SINP Entrepreneur Program offers you and your family the opportunity to establish, acquire or partner in a business in Saskatchewan and be actively involved in its management. You along with your family will gradually be PR through this program.

The Family Class Sponsorship Program reunites families by enabling adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada. To be eligible, the person seeking sponsorship must be a:

Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner

Dependent child



Sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild under 18 years who is unmarried and whose parents are deceased.

The post-graduation work permit allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Note: Work obtained through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program may help support your application to become a permanent resident of Canada.

Under the International Mobility Program, an open work permit enables a person to work for any employer for a specified period of time.

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air.

The Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) describe 12 levels of ability in each of four different language skills – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. The CLB are used in Canada to describe the language ability of people who are learning English.

The Student Direct Stream (SDS) is an expedited study permit processing program for those who are applying to study in Canada at a post-secondary designated learning institution (DLI).

Canada’s provincial nominee programs (PNPs) offer a pathway to Canadian permanent residence for individuals who are interested in immigrating to a specific Canadian province or territory. Each Canadian province and territory operates its own PNP designed to meet its specific economic and demographic needs.

Your application Processing fee is 825 CAD and

Right of permanent residence fee is 500 CAD.

The usual study gap of up to 2 years is acceptable for Undergraduate and Diploma applicants and the study gap up to 5 years is acceptable for postgraduate applicants. There are a few exceptions to a few students who have shown their field of study exceptional expertise.

It depends. If you have some work experience, you can show it to university and immigration as a proof of your study gap. In most of the cases, they are likely to accept it unless they have some specific requirements for your targeted study. Mind it, Canada is a VERY welcoming country for international students.